Are you looking out for scholarships to apply for? Then you should apply for DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Development-Related Postgraduate Courses.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations with at least two years of professional experience the opportunity to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a public or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional circumstances, to pursue a doctoral degree, and to earn a university qualification (Master’s/Ph.D.) in Germany.
DETAILS OF THE DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS IN GERMANY FOR POSTGRADUATE COURSES
- The deadline for the DAAD Scholarships in Germany for Postgraduate Courses is Aug-Oct 2023 (annual)
- The scholarship is to study in Germany.
- The next course starts in 2024/2025
- The Host Institution is German Universities offering development-related postgraduate courses.
- The scholarship is limited.
- The target group for the scholarship is students from eligible countries.
- The scholarships cover travel costs unless covered by the home country or another funding source, as well as monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates for health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- For Masters degrees, the scholarship lasts 12 to 24 months (depending on the specific school), and for Ph.D. degrees, it lasts 42 months.
Level and Fields of Study:
Masters or Ph.D. courses in Agricultural and Forest Sciences; Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics; Engineering and Related Sciences; Development Cooperation; Mathematics; Regional and Urban Planning; Natural and Environmental Sciences; Medicine and Public Health; Social Sciences, Education and Law; and Media Studies.
The average recipient of a scholarship
- Is presently employed by a public authority, a state, a private business, or both in a developing country and is doing so to plan and carry out projects and instructions focusing on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social fields.
- Has completed a four-year Bachelor’s degree program in a relevant field.
- At the time of application, has earned a bachelor’s degree with significantly above-average grades (upper third) and at least two years of relevant work experience.
- His or her scholastic credentials should be at most six years.
- For German-language study classes (the scholarship covers a six-month German language course): passing the language test DSH 2 or TestDaF 4 successfully before the commencement of the study program. As a result, submitting a certificate as proof of having a minimal B1 level in German at the time of application is required.
- For English-language classes: Evidence of sufficient language proficiency following the requirements of the relevant courses
Direct applications must be submitted for each subject. For information on the application process, the application date, and the required papers, please visit the websites for the relevant courses. Depending on the course, the deadline typically occurs between August and October 2023.
2023 Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Masters Scholarship.
2023 Baker Hughes Undergraduate Scholarship at the University of Ghana
Scholarships in Saudi Arabia for International Students – Top 5 In 2023