If you are interested in applying for scholarships, then NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship is one of the scholarships you should apply for.
The Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship Fund (SMSF) is a program that the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) is proud to offer South African youth under the age of 35 who want to attend public colleges or universities of technology.
The scholarship program’s goal is to provide young people with strong scholastic credentials with the means to continue their education. Youth seeking full-time degrees in critical and scarce skills, priority growth sectors, and national labor planning frameworks will receive financial assistance.
- The scholarship is sponsored by The National Youth Development Agency (NYDA)
- The host Institution is the Public Universities and Universities of Technology in South Africa.
- The scholarship is fully funded
- There are several numbers of scholarship
- Undergraduates & Postgraduates can apply for the scholarship
- South African Students are eligible to apply
Details of the NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship
The NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship fund was created in memory of Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu, who was unjustly accused of murder and terrorism at age 23 and executed under apartheid laws. Police chose to bury Mahlangu in Atteridgeville, Pretoria, out of concern for the response of the mourners at the funeral.
The Fund aims to provide financial assistance to youth to pursue high-quality education in a higher education setting, with youth in rural areas as its main focus.
The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund’s goals are as follows:
- Financial assistance should be provided through scholarships to increase young people’s chances of enrolling in high-quality higher education in their area of study.
- To improve the likelihood of entrepreneurship or employability based on the association between education level and employability.
- Give young people (under 35) access to education so they can contend favorably in the labor market
- Assist in the development of essential and in-demand abilities
To qualify for the NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship Fund, candidates must fulfill the requirements listed below:
- Students must submit an application for enrollment in a public university as first-year, full-time students pursuing a primary course of study.
- Students in high school who intend to enroll in a public university or a university of science after earning their National Senior Certificate
- must obtain an average score of 70% on the NSC exams and satisfy the university’s admission point requirement (APS).
- Must be a resident of South Africa and under 35
- A combined household income of less than R15,000 per month indicates financial need.
- Live in towns or rural or semi-rural regions.
The Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship pays for the following expenses:
- Accommodation (thresholds apply)
- Food Books/Equipment for Study (thresholds apply)
How to Apply: Interested candidates applying for the NYDA Solomon Kalushi Mahlangu Scholarship Fund should do so online through the NYDA website. Alternatively, they can mail a printed, filled-out application to the location provided in the “applications” section. PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR SUBMIT DIRECTLY TO UNIVERSITIES OR NYDA OFFICES.
Deserving South African youth who satisfy the minimal entry standards established by the NYDA and have been accepted for study at public universities and universities of technology will have access to the fund.
Application Deadline: Not Stated